DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shower was tiled about 10 years ago. My husband is constantly caulking the shower. I was cleaning it today and the caulk was coming apart. Underneath, was a disgusting buildup of mildew. I removed all the caulk in the shower and saw that some of the tiles are not even flat against the shower. It almost seems that when this workers tiled the bathroom, the tiles did not fit, or they were coming off the walls while drying. Is there any way I can fix this? Also, on the seams of the shower around the corners, there is no grout. I do not know if I pulled it off while removing the caulk or there wasn't any there in the first place. I don't want to fuss at my husband, since he hired the workers and he is already knew they did a screwed up job. I do not mind labor, I can handle that. I guess what I am asking is, can I grout the places that are gapped, and the places that have the tile sticking out from the wall? Can I re-grout the whole shower over what is there? Do I need to remove those tiles that are not flat against the wall? If so, can I re-use those tiles and put them back on? Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.