DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All........ After having my house re-plumbed through the attic and down through the walls I have a bunch of holes to fix. After getting estimates of $1650 and $2250 I've decided to take this project on myself with the help of this forum and you tube. I've successfully learned how to solder, fix the lawn mower, build a retaining wall with a concrete patio to name a few, so how hard can drywall repair be? right? The plan is to start in the closet, move to the pantry, behind the washer/dryer, behind the fridge and then on to the bathroom and living room where repairs can actually be seen. Almost finished the closet, so far it came out better than I expected. My question is do I prime first then paint or just paint on top of the all purpose compound. Secondly, tape is separating from a joint in the kitchen ceiling and bubbling in the living room ceiling. What would be the best way to correct this. Added note, the ceilings are 16 ft high.

Attachments

·
retired painter
10,028 Posts
It's always best to prime the repairs before painting them although I have cheated occasionally on small repairs.

Bubbled tape means it's not stuck to the wall and the only fix is to cut out that portion and redo it. Occasionally you can slide mud under the tape and get it to stick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts