DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping that someone can help me to find a fix for gasket on my Sears Kenmore compact freezer, Model 564.29701990. I purchased my freezer back in 1997, and Sears no longer carries the freezer, or gasket for this model. I have tried finding an OEM that would fix my issue, to no avail. The freezer still works great, and I would like to continue using it, without having to defrost it weekly due to ice build up, because of gasket gap in door. Currently, I check it on a daily basis for ice build up, which I remove using different utensils and my hands for the soft stuff. Once I notice a thickness to the ice build up, then I do a defrost. I do not have the funds to purchase another freezer, due to a fixed income currently. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Welcome. If you haven't yet, contact repairclinic.com. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever, aside from being a very satisfied and loyal customer. You might might not find what you need on their website, so may have to call them, but they have helped me out with items that otherwise seemed to be no longer available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.