DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a patch on the driveway which needs to be repaired. (See photo)

What kind of vendor do I need to contact for this kind of work?

Thanks for any help you can provide
Road surface Asphalt Wood Automotive tire Rectangle

·
Hammered Thumb
4,068 Posts
You would need a concrete contractor. They will have to piggyback this small work onto a larger job. Your cost will seem higher on a per capita basis, so that doesn't seem too far out of line (though have no idea on size to replace or site conditions).

·
Registered
43 Posts
At least you got as far as a quote. I'm dealing with the same, cracked sidewalk and no concrete approach/apron. I moved to this town of maybe 10k just over a year ago and every contractor I've tried to contact either doesn't answer, doesn't return messages, refers me to someone else because they're too busy, or says their books are full until 2025. Also interested in alternatives in the meantime. I think 4x4 or 5x5 flat sidewalk slabs can be diy'd but everyone I've talked to about the approach says hire that out. My town says that has to be 6" thick vs the 4" for the sidewalk. I'm about to see if someone in the nearest metro area an hour+ away will come out and do it, but maybe they're booked out too 🤷‍♂️

·
Banned
14,584 Posts
I'd try $20 worth of sealer and backer rod first. If the HOA says it's not good enough, then I'd sawcut the cracked parts out like in Eddie's pic, plus a chunk out of the adjacent panel since that also seems to have a crack. Seems like you could fill those with a few bags of sackrete.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts