DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Roofmaster
3,731 Posts
As a roofing and waterproofing consultant, there are a couple of potential problems I see with this approach, but the proof is in the pudding, and the author says he has had no problems with leaks. With the advent of peel and stick SBS based materials, I would opt for the conventional method of installing a sloped Concrete base. Allowing adequate time to dry, priming, intstalling SBS over the concrete and up a plywood surround wall about 12 inches, Felt the rest or install peel and stick on plywood shingling to drain, then install duroc or wonderboard over SBS with screws. Pour Min 2 inch wet set green concrete over SBS (Drain should be two stage, and have compression ring to SBS) set tile, and wet grout floor. Tie walls.

I dont like Liquid waterproofing over green concrete. Why? Pinholing. Moisture leaving green concrete percolates up through most liquid waterproofing, leaving a tunnel for moisture intrusion.

If the green concrete is allowed to dry thoroughly, this may not be a problem. The corners of the liquid system must also be reinforced, and a bond breaker must be put into the angle change or I suspect it will crack in time, as wood moves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.