DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
make a poultice of fuller's earth (diatomaceous earth ) & xylene,,, cover the stain w/it then place plastic & cardboard over it so the wind won't dry it out too fast,,, may need to do it several X's,,, works best on fresh stains

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Concrete or blacktop driveway?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
make a poultice of fuller's earth (diatomaceous earth ) & xylene,,, cover the stain w/it then place plastic & cardboard over it so the wind won't dry it out too fast,,, may need to do it several X's,,, works best on fresh stains

The stains are fairly new. I'll give what you recommend a try.

Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
I pour on granular laundry detergent and grind it in thoroughly with my shoe. The detergent will turn into a dark mush.
Then leave it alone until the next rain. The detergent soaks up the oil for several days, and then the rain rinses it away and it is good as new.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Probably not environmentally friendly, but if all else fails dump acid on it from an old car battery. Rinse it well. It might end up whiter than the rest if the driveway, though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll try the laundry detergent. I'll grind it in with a brick. My guess is it works because you give it a few days to soak in

Anything recommended stronger than laundry detergent but weaker than battery acid?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.