DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m. Getting ready to spray a 1000 sq ft apartment.

Plan is to spray it off with a compressor and then brush off the excess with a dry 24” mop.

Is that a good plan?

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I open the windows and use a leaf blower, get as much dust as I can out through the windows, let it settle, then a quick wipe with a damp rag.

Reactions: jaketrades

·
retired painter
10,985 Posts
I generally just use a push broom [minus the handle] to brush off the dust. Some use a vacuum or a swifter duster and while that may do a better job - I've never had any issues using broom and duster brush for the corners.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old Thomas; said:
I open the windows and use a leaf blower, get as much dust as I can out through the windows, let it settle, then a quick wipe with a damp rag.

I’ve done the damp sponge thing in the past. It definitely works but man that’s a lot of work.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found a wide concrete broom head @ HD. The bristles are fairly soft so I don’t have to worry about scratching the joint compound.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I’ve done the damp sponge thing in the past. It definitely works but man that’s a lot of work.
Clarification, I use the leaf blower, let it settle, then my wife wipes it with a damp rag!!!

Reactions: jaketrades
1 - 8 of 8 Posts