DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Removing a plastic toilet flange insert

2459 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  oh'mike
New member here. I searched the forums but did not find the exact answer to my question. How does one remove one of those plastic flange inserts? It is seated in a cast iron bend. I've already removed the screws to the subfloor and loosened the allen wrench screws as well, but it's in there pretty tight. Does it just need more force to pry it off or is there a trick? I don't want to do something irreversible.

I am replacing the subfloor which is partially rotted under the old cast iron flange, so will eventually remove the old cast iron flange as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Retired Moderator
25,780 Posts
If it's a compression type--the inner ring needs to be driven down---usually tapping down on the attachment screws will do it.

If it's going to be replaced ,simply cut it and split it.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.