DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

While installing some new Leviton preferred switches today I realized I forgot to take off the sticker that says "Remove before use". Got me thinking if I've also forgot to remove them from other switches in the house. I know in some cases I didn't fully remove it and left some glue/paper residue.

Does leaving the stickers on create any sort of risk (assuming overheating/ fire would be the only) ? If yes I'd definitely go back and recheck all.. but if not don't want to waste time.

Thanks,
Tommy

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
You might want to give us more info on the sticker.

Personally, I don’t usually buy Leviton switches and have never bought their “preferred” line.

I have heard of some sticker problems from third party sellers on amazon, but those aren’t Leviton applied.

So I have no idea what stickers you are talking about.

By literal code interpretation, if Leviton said to remove them, you need to remove them.

·
A "Handy Husband"
12,036 Posts
Also never heard of such a thing
I have some new Leviton switches in my garage and went and looked
No stickers. Not sure what preferred switches are.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a picture of the sticker. I buy the switches from Home Depot - there's nothing special about them. These are just a little fatter and say On/Off on the switch vs. the ones which they label "Basic" (I think) that are skinnier and don't say on off.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I'd remove the stickers.

Don't know if those are toggle switches or rocker switches.

On toggle switches, single poles say off/on. 3ways and 4ways don't as they can be off or on in either position, depending on the other switch(s) positions.

I've never seen a off/on labeled rocker (decora) switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts