DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Landlord
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having to move my eletrical outlet to the next stud. Is there a min distance it has to be from the washer hose connections? Any code violations here??

·
Registered
173 Posts
No code that I know of but others may know more. It only makes sense to not locate the receptacle anywhere it might get wet if things start dripping or the outlet hose comes loose. It also makes sense to put the receptacle some place where you can get at it w/o having to move any of the appliances.

·
UAW SKILLED TRADES
5,341 Posts
NEC 210.50 (c) Laundry appliances shall be installed within 6' of the intended receptacle outlet.

NEC 210.8 (7) only 15 or 20 amp 125 volt rated receptacles installed within 6' of a laundry sink are required to have gfci protection.

Technically if you have to add on to the wiring of an existing 3 wire dryer 120/240 (electric not gas) that only has 2 hots and a neutral in the supply you would be in violation of the NEC codes for single family dwellings.

A 4 wire branch circuit with neutral and ground separate is required for all new construction and additions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts