DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like to check out defrost drain tube being clogged,but can't locate tube on ge model gth21kbxacc 2010year model.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Google your model number and problem. Should lead you to a you tube video. I had to take tha beck a art on my fridge. Found a video and it was easy to follow. Cordless drill with a bit to fit the hex head screws helps.
Mike Hawkins:)

·
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
1,903 Posts
inside the freezer, the rear panel is removable. Behind the panel is a fan motor and the evaporator coil, underneath the evap coil is a drain trough. Roughly dead center is the defrost drain hole that is connected to the drain tube.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
SJay:

Look inside your freezer for a removable plastic panel. If you find one, then follow Hardwareman's instructions. Most likely the drain in the "evaporator pan" which sits directly under the "evaporator coil" is clogged, and just needs to be cleaned out. Most times, appliance techs just use a piece of stranded wire (like one half of a lamp cord) to clear the clog. If you have the core from an old speedometer cable from a car, that will work very well too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses,something came up and i just got back last night.Got a little bit of water again this time some ouside and some inside the refrigerator bottom.I originally was told by a neighbor that the drain tube was clogged,but now it doesn't make sense to me. My freezer portion is on top if the drain tube is clogged I can understand water maybe backing up and winding up inside at the bottom,but if some of the draining water is getting tru outside why would it be missing the drain pan,pan is not cracked i checked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone,when i get home from work i'll try your suggestions and let you know the results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts