DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last water filter wasn't replaced for 5 years on my 14 year old Maytag refrigerator. 2 months ago I purchased a "Nenrent" UKF8001 water filter. For some reason I was under the impression it was an original equipment filter. Well this weekend I walked into my kitchen and the floor was covered in water. After shutting off the water I opened the fridge and found the water filter had a huge crack.

Now I wonder if this was a fluke ? What filter now? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Now I wonder if this was a fluke ?
Basically, yes.

Probably dozens of things can effect the strength of that cap, or how it was bonded to the body. But my WAG is that when they molded that cap, they didn't have the set-up quite right and had a bad weld line (knit line) on the side opposite from where the plastic was injected.

No way for anybody here to guess how many times that has happened on that model, or if their competitor's filter is any stronger. But I do encourage you to write a letter of complaint to the manufacturer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.