DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
re: Refrigerator - Coldspot 106.51133210

My refrigerator's ice maker is inoperative, and upon basic tear-down and inspection, I discovered that the shaft is frozen on the little motors that empties the ice mold. I can't turn it by hand. Does this mean that the motor is bad, and that I should replace the motor/module? I tested the motor's resistance, using the "L" and "M" ports, which is the most that I know to do, and the ohms are within recommended range.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
Building my last home
3,918 Posts
I gave up years ago trying to trouble shoot ice makers. Get a new one. So much easier to unplug the connectors a couple of screws and swap it out. Now you have a warranty for the unit. I make a lot of ice on the 3rd ice maker.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I gave up years ago trying to trouble shoot ice makers. Get a new one. So much easier to unplug the connectors a couple of screws and swap it out. Now you have a warranty for the unit. I make a lot of ice on the 3rd ice maker.
SW, what make model do you have and you are saying this is the 3rd icemaker for the unit or you have been through 3 icemakers over multiple models? thanks

·
Registered
Building my last home
3,918 Posts
Third ice maker for the same refrigerator. I did say I make a LOT of ice. Ice makers are locked to the model refer you have.
I am suggesting that for me it was easier to unplug two wires and two screws than it was to mess with plastic that is below freezing during its operation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts