DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for help on reconnecting a humidifier to a new furnace circuit board. There are 2 wires that go from the humidifier solenoid to a junction box with a switch and then 2 wire come out of the junction box that need to go to the circuit board.

Information about humidifier - a picture is attached
- Generalaire 1040 (I believe it has a 115v solenoid)
- its a bypass humidifier (has a lever and damper)

Furnace is a Bryant - picture of circuit board is attached. The is a HUM terminal that reads 24vac.

Any help on which terminals to connect the humidifier wires would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
It looks like a 120 volt solenoid but you need to inspect it carefully and see if it is stamped 120 volt. That is a OLD obsolete unit. I have a 1042 and it is over 10 yrs old.

If it is 120 volts then hook it to a terminal labelled EAC ( electronic air cleaner ) on the board and the 120 volt neutral. It gets energised when the fan starts.

Otherwise if 24 volts then use use the HUM terminal and C on the terminal strip.

http://www.generalaireparts.com/general-aire-1040-humidifier-parts.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked and it is 120 volts solenoid.

I see where EAC is marked on the circuit board but it has a black box on top of it. I am not sure how to connect a wire there (any ideas?).

I will attached photos. I think EAC is the opening below the red dot object.

One quick question:

Is connecting the wires to the "C" and the "R" terminals an option?

Attachments

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
R and C will give you 24 volts so No.

I have never hooked one to that EAC terminal. May have a cap or plug on the terminal that needs to be lifted off. Someone else here may know how but it may take awhile for them to reply. Check the install manual if you have it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just looked and there is a male terminal connection under that red cap object. It is the EAC terminal. I also found the neutral.

Do you know if I connect the black or white wire to the EAC terminal?

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
I just looked and there is a male terminal connection under that red cap object. It is the EAC terminal. I also found the neutral.

Do you know if I connect the black or white wire to the EAC terminal?
Black to the EAC

White to the Neutrals of the furnace supply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.