DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been lurking in the diy forums for a while now but I got a new lawnmower and needed to tell everyone how great it is. Please forgive me for being so enthusiastic!

I came across an ad for the Recharge Mower on TV and it sounded exactly like what I had been looking for. I did a little bit of research and everyone was saying it was a great machine...so I took the plunge and never looked back. This thing is freaking awesome.

It's got everything you could ever imagine or want in a mower. The seat is big and comfortable. The design is sleek and sturdy, not to mention how quiet it is. It's got a ton of safety features which makes it nice with little kids in the house.

Having it run on batteries gives a lot of different advantages too. No more fumes or exhaust, so good for me and the environment. The low cost to charge is nice too(about 50c). That gives me over 3 hours mowing time, which is plenty for my yard.

I'm really impressed with this machine and just wanted to tell everyone about it. Anyone else tried one out?

·
Banned
5,990 Posts
Post a link to the spec's for this mower. . .:thumbsup:
I'm wondering about battery lifetime, how many charge/discharge cycles. If they are overstressing the battery this is a hidden cost of ownership.

·
Banned
5,990 Posts
The energy usage more or less adds up.

I guess I'd find out the max. recommended discharge rate for the batteries from the battery manuf. With no memory effect they may be sealed lead acid batteries.

4600 watt-hours of energy to charge a battery that puts out 1800 watt-hours of energy is a pretty inefficient battery and/or charger.

I assume 3 ea. 12v batteries?

If the motors get too hot to touch during normal usage I don't think they will last long.

1800w is only ~2 hp, but elec. motors have a different speed/torque curve than gas engines so it may be OK.

·
Banned
5,990 Posts
The gas engine models use 20 hp engines; yours may not be able to go up inclines with only 2 hp. Maybe they use a gearbox with many speeds to get around this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts