DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody,

I'm thinking about installing a recessed toilet. Something like Toto Aquia:

I'm just not sure regarding rerouting the waist pipe. How complex would it be?

I'd appreciate some hints on this.

Thanks,
Ruben

·
Naildriver
14,234 Posts
If you already have an operational toilet, can you tell us why you want to change to a back discharge toilet? Do you have access to below the existing toilet?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you already have an operational toilet, can you tell us why you want to change to a back discharge toilet? Do you have access to below the existing toilet?
Well, want to remodel the bathroom, give it a modern look, save some space and overall make the bathroom cleaner.

Yes, I live in a single family house, subfloor, have access to crawlspace.

·
Naildriver
14,234 Posts
Without proper tools, think "Elm Street". You don't "cut" cast iron. You use a special chain tool that tightens around it and snaps it. It would help to know what you were up against before you dive in.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Sounds pretty brave to me, I've had too many problems with toilet floats and gasket flaps to not have easy access to the tank...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Without proper tools, think "Elm Street". You don't "cut" cast iron. You use a special chain tool that tightens around it and snaps it. It would help to know what you were up against before you dive in.
We decided to do full bathroom remodel. Contractors should have the right tool for that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have just bought the Toto Aquia with Geberit carrier tank. Geberit has a smaller footprint and seems like to be more robust then the toto one.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Could you tell bit more about that? Which carrier did you use?
hmm it's just been over the past 30 years, different brands I'd imagine. We had to replace all three toilets in the house here, but they were probably from the 70s. Had to replace both of the tank guts in our old condo and the newer post 90s ones in our place in Arizona too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts