DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change the trim color on 5” recessed lights but find that the light socket is attached to the baffle (see photo). I would appreciate it if someone could help me identify the manufacturer and/or product and understand whether the trim and socket component can be replaced without major rewiring of the fixture.

As you can see in the photo, the bracket that holds the E26 socket is riveted to the trim.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

A68DDAA1-48F8-4864-B17B-146901EE153B.jpeg

CDCB50C6-77A3-4E01-9B72-9640D7553976.jpeg

·
A "Handy Husband"
12,772 Posts
Depress the 2 tabs on the sides of the socket and the trim will come free.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depress the 2 tabs on the sides of the socket and the trim will come free.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk
Ah! I see what you’re saying. I had not thought that those tabs were spring loaded. I’ll give that a try. Thanks!

Now...how do I find replacements for the trim?:)

·
A "Handy Husband"
12,772 Posts
Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Ace, lighting showrooms, electrical supply houses, Amazon, Build.com, other on line sellers.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Reactions: Winedog

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Ace, lighting showrooms, electrical supply houses, Amazon, Build.com, other on line sellers.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Thanks. Checking the options on the HD web site, I see that a popular approach is trim kits with integrated LED bulbs that come with E26 adapters and can be retrofitted into existing light cans. It looks like this would work for me. Is there any reason not to use this approach?

·
A "Handy Husband"
12,772 Posts
That is the way I would go. Buy 1 with color temperature selectable or risk getting one with a bluish color look.

- The Home Depot

Reactions: Winedog
1 - 6 of 6 Posts