DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Blonde+Hammer=Lookout
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not that handy around the house - I've always relied on my husband for home fix up stuff, but now I'm on my own and just bought a house. It is in decent shape but there are a number of things in need of attention!

I guess I'll be coming here to ask a lot of stupid questions in the near future!!! :thumbsup:

hope you guys don't get sick of me!

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
I'm not that handy around the house - I've always relied on my husband for home fix up stuff, but now I'm on my own and just bought a house. It is in decent shape but there are a number of things in need of attention!

I guess I'll be coming here to ask a lot of stupid questions in the near future!!! :thumbsup:

hope you guys don't get sick of me!
Bring on the stupid questions! We love giving easy answers, hard ones too. This is a great community. For best results:

- Ask specific questions. Not "sink broken help"
- post location.
- post pictures.
- follow up with posts.

·
Blonde+Hammer=Lookout
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bring on the stupid questions! We love giving easy answers, hard ones too. This is a great community. For best results:

- Ask specific questions. Not "sink broken help"
- post location.
- post pictures.
- follow up with posts.

Thanks Leah!! Great tips! I always feel dumb going down to the Ace and bothering them with questions. I'm hoping people here will be more patient with me!

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
Thanks Leah!! Great tips! I always feel dumb going down to the Ace and bothering them with questions. I'm hoping people here will be more patient with me!
So long as you respect the process this site is AWESOME! When I say 'respect the process' I mean:

- we can't read your mind - so explain things in excessive detail - even if it takes some do-hickeys and thing-a-ma-bobs.

- pictures will get you more responses - put (PIC) in the Title - I can't tell you how many times I've posted a pic and got help right away. Read about how to set up an album and post a pic just for the fun of it. That way, when you need to do it, you'll know how.

- read the site. Skim through the threads and pick a subject and read ones that seem interesting. It will give you a good idea for how the forum works, how to ask questions that get answered

- don't take things personally - lots of people volunteer their time to help out here, sometimes that comes with prickly personalities. But remember, everyone is just trying to help you do it right.

- use the search function on the site.

Reactions: RickyG

·
Tileguy
10,705 Posts
...sometimes that comes with prickly personalities.
HEY! I resemble that remark!

Welcome Kirsten.:)

I always feel dumb going down to the Ace and bothering them with questions.
Well then come here first with a question or a picture and we'll give you enough information to make you sound like a well-informed pro when you go to the Hardware store.

Just because you don't know the answer to something doesn't mean that to ask about it makes it a stupid question.:no:

·
Blonde+Hammer=Lookout
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HEY! I resemble that remark!

Welcome Kirsten.:)

Well then come here first with a question or a picture and we'll give you enough information to make you sound like a well-informed pro when you go to the Hardware store.

Just because you don't know the answer to something doesn't mean that to ask about it makes it a stupid question.:no:
Thanks Bud!!! Can't wait to strut in there and sound like a pro!!!

·
Blonde+Hammer=Lookout
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So long as you respect the process this site is AWESOME! When I say 'respect the process' I mean:

- pictures will get you more responses - put (PIC) in the Title - I can't tell you how many times I've posted a pic and got help right away. Read about how to set up an album and post a pic just for the fun of it. That way, when you need to do it, you'll know how.

so I should create an album? hmmm.. don't really have any diy projects to photograph..

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Glad to have you here----We get to goofing around a bit---but help is always here when you need it.---Mike---

·
Blonde+Hammer=Lookout
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thx mike.
new to the forum thing so im still learning.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Post specific questions, look around the site a little before asking sometimes you can find it in another thread. Sometimes a google search brings you to the right thread here before the site's own search engine will. And start your own thread rather than asking questions on a running thread. You'll get more responses.

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Welcome from Newnan!

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Hi, Smartlook.

·
Super Moderator
14,478 Posts
Welcome Ya'll, glad to have you with us.

I learned something new today, I didn't even know we had a place for an album, I got one started now though. Man it is tough getting old.

Well, I ain't so smart after all, how do I look at someone else's album?

·
Registered
207 Posts
jiju1943 said:
Welcome Ya'll, glad to have you with us.

I learned something new today, I didn't even know we had a place for an album, I got one started now though. Man it is tough getting old.

Well, I ain't so smart after all, how do I look at someone else's album?
Click on their name and go to their profile page

1 - 20 of 33 Posts