DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Re-installing saddle valve on newly installed water heater connections

12K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  the_man 
not to stray from the topic but the installer did not install any dielectric union's. you will need to have them put on to protect your water heater. it is mandatory in most states and may void the manufaturer warranty
Those are most likely dielectric nipples

'one of the better' installs he'd checked that month - whatever that's worth.
Looks fine to me (besides some sloppy solder joints that weren't wiped down). I wouldn't worry about the dielectric unions. Just don't re-install the saddle valve. They're garbage and the guy that installed the heater was right. (I'm sure it's company policy due to liability issues)

I would sweat in a 3/4" X 1/2" copper tee, then use a 5/8" X 1/4" compression angle or straight stop.

Ayuh,... Just curious,.. Where is the humidifier,..??
Is there a cold water line closer, or is it near the waterheater,..??
Good question Bondo.

Also after looking at the picture again; almost looks like 3/8" soft copper, but I could be wrong. I'm not familiar with the humidifiers. Guess we just assumed 1/4". Either way I think if you're gonna do it right, install a proper valve and you might as well make the connection with a stainless steel braided supply line. Like you'd use for a dishwasher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.