DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My central AC unit exchanges heat from well water, when automatic sensor shuts down the exchange, once set temperature reached, the water flow is stopped by an irrigation valve activated electrically.

The sudden stop of the flow makes the pipes rattle and has caused breaks flooding the space. I was advised that a "throttling valve", instead of the irrigation valve, will gradually stop the flow preventing the sudden stop. However, I can,t locate such a valve.

I would appreciate any comments regarding where to locate the part and/or its effectiveness. Also, the alternative of installing a small pressure surge tank.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.