DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to remove my range from my island since I got new counter tops. Now I need to reinstall it but can't seem to find the foam tape that was originally used to attach it to the old counter. I've tried everything from big box stores to appliance specific shops. One of the supply houses said they use gorilla double sided mounting tape. Any issue with using this? The previous tape was foam.

Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
The previous tape was foam.

Thanks,

Richard
That "foam tape" is usually called mounting tape.
That is what you need to ask for. Double-stick tape may work but it may not be think enough. Call around auto parts stores and see if they have double stick foam tape. Often you can find it in stationary supplies or art supplies.
It's out there, just may not be with ordinary tapes.
If all else fails, Amazon sells 3M mounting tape.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is a drop in cooktop, not an oven/range combo. the tape I assume keeps it in place and provides a bit of cusion between the cooktop and the counter.

I have some regular mounting tape. I thought heat might be an issue with the standard stuff. Is this not the case?

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
the tape I assume keeps it in place and provides a bit of cusion between the cooktop and the counter.
Exactly right. I would look for the foam tape rather than use something un-cushioned. It protects the counter as well and that cushioning effect actually keeps the edge from chipping. What does the installation manual recommend?

Reactions: bob22

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
3M emblem mounting tape for cars, like rjschwar said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.