DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ancona Rapido II range hood. It has two G4 20W bulbs. When turned on, the button on the front glows blue. The lights stay on for a few seconds to maybe a minute before turning off. The button continues to glow blue, indicating power is still being provided. Turn it off and on again, the lights either don't go on or go on and then turn off quickly. Leave it off for a while and turn it on again and the lights will stay on longer, but never more than a minute.
What is wrong?
Seems like maybe it's overheating? The bulbs are the correct ones, as called for on the labelling on the hood.
Any thoughts on how I might fix this?
Thanks!

Usually Confused
The cheapest troubleshooting would be to first replace the bulb(s). You don't say if the G4 base bulbs are incandescent of LED. Also, I think they can be either low voltage or line voltage (not sure).

Registered
Lamps are definitely the best choice to light up the stove. I think because it consumes too much power and works for quite a while, it has an overheating problem.
If you love to relax in spacious rooms, then the slim under-counter extractor hood Cosmo 5MU30 is surely the best for you. Having a clean, space-saving design like this installed is something you want. With the stainless steel housing of this model, corrosive agents cannot spread and your hood is therefore protected.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cheapest troubleshooting would be to first replace the bulb(s). You don't say if the G4 base bulbs are incandescent of LED. Also, I think they can be either low voltage or line voltage (not sure).
I have finally been able to replace the old bulbs with LED and unfortunately it is the same problem. The lights go on for about a minute then turn off. The fan works fine.

Usually Confused
I have finally been able to replace the old bulbs with LED and unfortunately it is the same problem. The lights go on for about a minute then turn off. The fan works fine.
Without knowing the hood or its wiring diagram, it sounds like there is some type of thermal protection for the lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts