DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my current patio. As you can imagine this holds all the waterwhen it rains. I would like to bring it up to the level of the yard which is about 6 more inches and angle it away from the house. What would be the best way to go about this? I would like to use pavers again but nicer than the bricks you see here. Can i leave the current bricks in there? what would be best to use to raise it up, gravel and then sand? Any help would be great thanks! Id like to try this myself if I had some more info.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
If you raise the level of the ground anymore, you'll bury the siding in dirt because you'll be over the level of the foundation.
As it is, the level is too high against the house.
If the area floods, install an underground drainage system to catch the water and direct it away.
Another option would be to install a perimeter retaining wall with an associated perimeter drain to a drywell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks, so my best bet is to dig it all up... Maybe make it even deeper and install drainage system. I feel like that's better than raising it. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Depending on the yard slopes, you might be able to just build one retaining wall and lower the other 2 side so the patio drains naturally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts