DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:
Quick question about how to handle a run of romex from a fixture till it hits the drywall.

Its about 6 or 7 feet from the ceiling of closet around and down a few corners, then straight shot of about 10 inches through drywall into the back of the remodel box.

It doens't have to be gorgeous because its inside the closet, but what is the code-compliant way to use a raceway or similar product to secure and cover the run and any required transition/bushing for the entry into the drywall.

Probably pretty basic but I couldn't find a post on this topic already existing.

·
6,520 Posts
I presume we are talking about romex wire running on the outside of the wall, exposed to the closet. That would be a code issue because the wire is subject to physical damage.

Check out a product called wire mold. It is a nice/legal way to dress up a wire like what you're describing. Pretty widely available stuff.

·
Just call me Andrew
2,279 Posts
PVC conduit isn't as aesthetic as wiremold....but it is cheaper.

I thought romex wasn't supposed to be inside conduit, aside from a very short run to protect it from damage. Would this closet run warrant individual THHN wires?

·
Master Electrician
4,649 Posts
pvc conduit isn't as aesthetic as wiremold....but it is cheaper.

I thought romex wasn't supposed to be inside conduit, aside from a very short run to protect it from damage. Would this closet run warrant individual thhn wires?
2008 nec 334.15(b)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts