DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

R & M Water Group, S N 78950

1253 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Akpsdvan
We recently purchased a home that had a water softener made by R & M Water Group, Serial Number 78950. It has a slow small leak where the valves attach to the top of the black round cylinder, not the salt bin. I believe that there is an "O ring" where they join and it appears to be leaking. How much of a problem is it to replace this "O ring" and where can I obtain the correct replacement? You help concerning this matter will certainly be appreciated, thanks. :eek:
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
It could be the plastic ring that holds the rubber o ring in place.
Does your unit look any thing like this? Spec Sheet 40729.pdf
This is a Fleck 2510 valve.
If it is the plastic ring then the hardware store will NOT have it.
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.