1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13,689 Posts
For convenience i've run a band saw a refrigerator and freezer on similar ( 15 Amp power strips ) for several years. The one in the garage has the freezer, a shop vac, toaster oven and electric pencil sharpener plugged in 24/7. That leaves room for an occasional fan when working in the garage for a few minutes in hot weather.

Edit: Edit:

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Your link is not working for me.

But the switch should really have a "paddle" on it, or emergency stop button that you can use to turn off the machine by leaning into it with your body. Of course, you have to mount it in an appropriate location.

Such as THIS one from Rockler. But there are many types available.

Even better would be the ones that are called "magnetic". If the power goes off (or you unplug it), the motor won't automatically restart when power is restored.

Attachments

·
JUSTA MEMBER
19,132 Posts
Your link is not working for me.

But the switch should really have a "paddle" on it, or emergency stop button that you can use to turn off the machine by leaning into it with your body. Of course, you have to mount it in an appropriate location.

Such as THIS one from Rockler. But there are many types available.

Even better would be the ones that are called "magnetic". If the power goes off (or you unplug it), the motor won't automatically restart when power is restored.
Yes the OP link is defunct.

I like this option, and my router table came with one already installed.

ED

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.