DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we just replaced 1972 home central HVAC systems we live in California and the contractor is supposed to seal and insulate our attic return line I noticed that they started the job but they were using Johns Manville 90006271 Microlite Standard Fiber Glass Duct Wrap Insulation with an R-value of 3 https://www.jm.com/content/dam/jm/gl...ct_Wrap_DS.pdf but it does not have radiant barrier or vapor barrier

I talked with the city building inspector and he said that the codebooks section 150.1 on the California Residential compliance manual that all ducts require either R-6 or R-8 the contractor is going to come back out to finish the job wanted to ask should they have to remove the Microlite Standard Fiber Glass Duct Wrap Insulation and start over?

the Microlite Standard that was instaled does not have any radiant barrier or vapor barrier they installed about 10 feet and then switched to HVAC Bubble Duct Wrap Insulation I will upload photos we get hot summers, also I don’t see any new mastic on the old sheet metal connections just wanted to get advice before the contractor come back out, they also said they couldn't use Bubble Duct Wrap some of the turn connectors any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts