DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HVAC question- Just installed a new Genteq x13 blower fan motor, the high voltage part Is hooked up and fine, but the low voltage has me stumped. The old motor (9yrs old,same style plug) had 2 wires going to The low voltage section, white wire on terminal 4 from thermostat (and also tied in with other white wires Going to heat section) and Blue wire on pin 1 that I traced back to the green wire from the Thermostat, but it’s also tied into 24volt common side of the transformer. The diagram on the new motor
Doesn’t say anything about 24v common on the 1,2,3,4,5 connections. Should I go from green thermostat wire Straight to one of the fan speed connections or hook it up like it was?

comfortmaker split unit, electric heat, no control board in air handler.thanks

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
What's the complete model number of the air handler?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
air handler- comfort maker product fxm4x3000a1 model fxm4x3000a serial a101785850 also says model wkf-1002(t) new blower motor GENTEQ - 6205E thanks

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
I'm attached the diagram from the manual and it shows the 24v common on it. It's beside the high voltage power connections.

The power from G goes to a resistor (air handler's schematic) and on the same side of the resistor there's a wire going to the 24v speed tap.

Some power is shunted from the G wired through a resistor to common. The motor's 24v common is connected downstream of the resistor so it has a direct path to common.

I don't know why that resistor to common is there - I would just disconnect it and move the wire connected downstream of the resistor to the wire nut that leads to common.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts