DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done this at least 20 times in my life with no problem. I replaced an outside faucet. The PVC pipes under the house weren't going to fit the new one, so I started over. I had 15 inches starting from the water line with 3/4, ending at a metal male side of the faucet's pipe.

I had to turn off the water, which meant my daughter couldn't take a bath, so I under a time crunch. I put the pvc female 1/2" on the metal pipe, then 3/4" female pvc on the far end. Put the pieces in the middle and was done. Unfortunately I couldn't let the glue set, wife and daughter needed water ASAP. One of the glue fittings leaked, but stopped for the most part. But, the to ends (female) still leak.

CAN i tighten them and not have to start this B.S. all over again? Or am I S.O.L.?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Mike, you're SOL. Trying to tighten it will probably cause a bigger leak.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I might just do it nice and easy I only have to get the male end around twice or one and a half turns to get the drip to stop I think. I hope I can do it without screwing the whole thing up even worse.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Can you cut the pipe, tighten the threaded connections and glue on a shut off or coupler to repair the pipe?

I'd have enough supplies on hand if you had to redo the entire setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts