DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the proper repair of a leaking galvanized metal valley?
The granulated underlayment has deep cracks on either side, all the way from top to bottom.
I have already applied Grace Water & Ice Rubber membrane and sealed all sides with roofing cement and fabric.

See attached pictures of valley and products used
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to call a tile roofer

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk
Agree but there money constraints to consider as I am retired at 76. In addition to that I was I have already successfully fixed 3 leaks on this roof which would have cost me $1500 each and they were small ones, in comparison. The valley job was quoted at $3,500 and is more complex for me.
Also I would have gladly paid if I could trust the roofing industry, here in Miami, FL, it really is not a a well reputed profession.
To compound the repair my roof tiles has been discontinued and no longer available, I have had to remove each nail without breaking them which roofers just hammer away to remove with ease.
So I think exactly like you but in view of the above.....
thanks for chiming in though, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am glad to report that the valley repair was successfully accomplished after six weeks of a little every day; around 1 to 2 hrs as rain, energy, materials and work information was researched. South Florida weather in July drains energy quickly. Wife and I are very happy with our work which though not professional in well done and durable. I am 76 and she is 55, 31 yrs of happiness together. (please don't be jealous).
The mortar work of the valley sides took some learning but was done with right mortar and other materials which meet by Miami-Dade County certifications. Hurricanes, that is.
Valley length: 28 feet

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.