DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. I installed a drop ceiling and was ready to purchase lights and install them... Would like to know if there is a certain kind needed since its not drywall and also if led would be alright.... I also have a 3 way dimmer that would control 4 of them in one room so is there a certain 3 way switch I need if I go with led's or can I just use a standard 3 way dimmer??? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hey all.. I installed a drop ceiling and was ready to purchase lights and install them... Would like to know if there is a certain kind needed since its not drywall and also if led would be alright.... I also have a 3 way dimmer that would control 4 of them in one room so is there a certain 3 way switch I need if I go with led's or can I just use a standard 3 way dimmer??? Thanks in advance :)

https://www.pegasuslighting.com/lc-projects/how-to-install-recessed-lights-in-a-drop-ceiling.html

·
Usually Confused
6,538 Posts
I can't remember which brand I used when I did the ceiling in my finished basement but I do recall that they specifically indicated on the box that they were approved for suspended (dropped) ceilings. If you go with LED you will need (a) dimmable LED lamps and (b) a compatible dimmer. Many are tested for certain brands of dimmers. It might be easier to check on a manufacturer's website rather than trying to read the tiny print on the box or enclosed literature in the store.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot... Im not set in stone with keeping the dimmer there.. Dont really know if I want it like that still... it all depends on how bright 4 lights will be in the room... Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts