DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if plumbing is not the correct place for this; I have small propane tank that supplies only the four burners of my kitchen stove.

I purchased a GasWatch 203-LP regulator/indicator to keep track of the mount of propane remaining (in the two+ years I've had this tank, I've yet to refill it).

I'm not too familiar with the components as it's currently set up, so I'm not exactly sure where to go from here? Regardless of where I should be attaching this (obviously, one end goes directly on the tank), the fitting on the other end of the GasWatch device will not connect to anything on my current setup without some kind of an adapter.

Thanks.

Tipsy

GasWatch 203-LP
IMAG0746.jpg

IMAG0748.jpg

IMAG0749.jpg

Tank
IMAG0753.jpg

IMAG0751.jpg

IMAG0752.jpg

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I apologize if plumbing is not the correct place for this; I have small propane tank that supplies only the four burners of my kitchen stove.

I purchased a GasWatch 203-LP regulator/indicator to keep track of the mount of propane remaining (in the two+ years I've had this tank, I've yet to refill it).

I'm not too familiar with the components as it's currently set up, so I'm not exactly sure where to go from here? Regardless of where I should be attaching this (obviously, one end goes directly on the tank), the fitting on the other end of the GasWatch device will not connect to anything on my current setup without some kind of an adapter.

Thanks.

Tipsy

I don't think that will work with your setup,what size tank is it you have??

·
The Token Engineer
15 Posts
Sorry You can't use a low capacity gas grill tank monitor on a 100 gallon, 2 stage system, LP tank feeding your cooking stove.

You should return it.

On a cool damp morning check the tank dew point line as an indicator how full it is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry You can't use a low capacity gas grill tank monitor on a 100 gallon, 2 stage system, LP tank feeding your cooking stove.

You should return it.

On a cool damp morning check the tank dew point line as an indicator how full it is.
That tiny little tank is 100 gallons? It's twice the size of a regular BBQ tank.

Tipsy

·
A "Handy Husband"
12,768 Posts
Looks like a 30 or 40 lb tank. 100 lb tanks do not have an ACME connector- those are the outside thteads on the tank valve.

Tha reguator is not proper for a gas range, it is made for outside appliances. You need the 2 stage regulator like you have.

Return it.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
If you just want to see how much gas is left in the tank do this.

If you have a 100 pound tank its about 2 feet in diameter and about 4 1/2 feet tall. If you have a tank thats thinner and a little taller its not a hundred pounder. A hundred pounder has a guage built in. If you ave the smaller tank just pour warm water down the side on a colder day. You'll be able to see the liquid level.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you just want to see how much gas is left in the tank do this.

If you have a 100 pound tank its about 2 feet in diameter and about 4 1/2 feet tall. If you have a tank thats thinner and a little taller its not a hundred pounder. A hundred pounder has a guage built in. If you ave the smaller tank just pour warm water down the side on a colder day. You'll be able to see the liquid level.
Thanks. This tank is literally twice the twice of a standard BBQ tank.

Tipsy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts