DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the rustoleum product for cabinet painting? Any opinions on it, before I drop the dough to buy a kit?

It seems a heckuva lot easier then sanding the cabinets all the way down to the wood before repainting them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I actually work at the Home Depot in the paint department. We have had the product now for a year, and about 95% of the feed back has been positive.
My customers bring in before/after photos to show us all the time. Most say they did the whole project over a weekend.

The only complaints we have had is that the glaze is too small an amount and sometimes they run out. I believe that Rust O-leum is correcting this by adding some more to the kits.

I have personally used the product as well and was very impressed.

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
Why would you assume you have to strip your cabinets to repaint them? That Rustoleum stuff looks alright if you move fast and can balance the look on all the cabinet facings. It chips easily though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The kit has a liquid de-glosser in it that prepares the old surface and prevents any chipping. Also, the final step is a durable clear coat that provides added strength and protection.

"Have fun it's only paint.":laughing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts