DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am running into a problem with my tub spout from a tub / shower combo. The faucet is a Delta if that matters. Unfortunately I do not have any of the paperwork from the install to determine a model name or number.

This tub spout has the pull up / push down type of diverter at the far end. It is sticking and very difficult to move, so I believe I need to replace the spout.

The spout appears to be a slip on with a set screw. Normally this should be really easy to remove, but it appears the set screw is about 60 degrees rotated from the slot in the bottom of the spout. I can see the side of the screw head through the slot, but there's no way to get a screwdriver to engage the screw head in order to loosen the screw. The screw is too far into the spout to reach the head with a needle nose pliers. Additionally, I can rotate / spin the spout on the copper pipe coming out of the wall but cannot slide it off the pipe.

Attached is a phone picture through the slot of the spout showing the side of the screw head.

Question is, what can I do to remove the spout if I cannot get a screwdriver into the set screw head? No idea what to try.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why don't you turn the spout until it lines up with the set screw, if the pipe is turning just unscrew the whole assembley.
I can spin the spout all around the pipe, but the set screw spins with the spout in the same position relative to the slot in the spout. I can't spin the spout to line the slot up with the set screw.

The pipe is not turning with the spout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.