DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to hang a set of blinds. I have one bracket on the left screwed into the wall tight but the other on the right is giving me trouble. I don't have anything to screw into apparently. The blinds are so wide that they extend past the stud on the side i'm having the issue. I looked behind the wall and the only thing past the inside wall to screw into is vinyl siding . I got the bracket on the wall but it's loose and won't hold the blinds. Maybe I could use the middle support bracket, it looks like it might screw into a stud. Will that be enough or do I have to still find a way to secure that right bracket? Any ideas are helpful.

Edit: I forgot to mention it's a closet i'm trying hang the blinds over, not a window. The blinds don't fit inside the frame or this would already be done. But this closet is part of an addition to the main house and the garage was added to this later. So the wall between the addition and the garage has the siding on it. I have access to the siding and i'm guessing I would have to pull it back and put something there to screw into. Should I do that?

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
An easy fin for for something like that is to add a board across the top and then mount the blinds to that.

Yes both end brackets are critical.

Reactions: Rush2998

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're the second person today who said try those wall anchor things. I guess they expand and hold in the wall when you put the screws in them. I don't know why I didn't think of this yesterday. Thanks, it's worth a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.