DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new drywall in my bedroom - My brother had 3/4 gallon of some primer and i have the rest of the primer for the job. i used his primer therefore i have two dif primers on my walls and ceilings. one has a shiny sheen and one is flat. will this show through my paint or am i worrying too much? thanks

·
paper hanger and painter
8,301 Posts
I have new drywall in my bedroom - My brother had 3/4 gallon of some primer and i have the rest of the primer for the job. i used his primer therefore i have two dif primers on my walls and ceilings. one has a shiny sheen and one is flat. will this show through my paint or am i worrying too much? thanks
Maybe, maybe not, but why take the chance? Make it all the same.:yes:

·
2,392 Posts
The difference in the primer could result in an uneven final sheen. It sounds like you used a primer, and a primer/sealer (with the sheen). Primers (flat) will absorb some of the sheen out of the first top coat, which will affect the sheen level of the final coat as well. Also, a flat top coat finish may have a bit of a sheen when applied over a primer/sealer. The second finish coat, if flat, may appear true however. Hard to tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts