DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me? I covered some dark paint swatches on a wall with white water based primer and waited for it to dry for about an hour. I then painted over it with a water based paint. As the paint dried the areas where I used primer were bleeding through. I called Lowe's where I bought the primer and told them my problem; they said I did everything right according to the product label. He suggested I wait about an hour and paint another coat. I waited and painted another coat, but I still have bleed in the areas where I used primer. Does anyone know how I might remedy this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are all interesting observations you have made. I am using eggshell sheen on my paint. I let the primer paint dry for 1 hour as the can directed. It actually said 1/2 hour our until dry to the touch. I waited an hour. I hope priming the entire wall isn't the answer. I only had primer on a few areas, and certainly don't want to paint the entire room with primer. I am hoping for a way to re-treat the areas with primer to get them not to bleed through. If anyone can help with that it would be great. I heard another suggestion of trying grey primer. I may try that as well. Many thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.