DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Rubbin walls since'79
2,518 Posts
Can you tell the difference between not covering or blocking out the color underneath, and actual bleeding, that means chemically transferring through the primer?
Its hard to answer with out knowing that first and then what kind of stain is coming through.
waterbase stains come through waterbase products. You can stop them dead with an oil or shellac based primer. or SOME waterbase stainkillers will let it transfer and then lock it, but needs to dry very thoroughly before recoating.

(And Gym- Cover stain is not a shellac- it's an oil...)
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.