DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to find out the cost and labor for cedar siding installation and materials per foot finished in semi-transparent stain

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not trying to sound rude, but your best bet is to call some local siding professionals for a quote. There is just no good way to answer such an open ended question. Prices can vary by orders of magnitude depending on details, i.e., single story ranch vs. two story walkout, access issues, current siding to remove (asbestos?), two windows to trim out or 20, etc...

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
Grade and thickness of the cedar? Brand, quality and type of stain? Anything like Tyvek or vent flashing going down under the cedar? How many door and window openings?

Indeed get local quotes. I guess you can price the material online but I would not approach a project like this in that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like they said, find a local contractor to price it for you. However to help with your budgeting purposes only last year I purchased grade 'A' cedar for 1.18/ft.

There is cement board siding that is easier to install, cheaper and lasts longer than cedar, you should look into going that route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts