DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As part of a home remodel, I would like to sell my current GE Profile appliances in order to defray my investment in replacement products. I'm thinking Craigslist and a few other local marketing methods. Everything is clean and defect-free. No cosmetic issues whatsoever. Most are 2000 model year except as noted. The entire suite is black finish. 100% electric. I actually love these appliances. Unfortunately dramatic style changes force me to abandon a very nice and functional set. I'll post model numbers when I get back to the house. But for now, I'll offer a generic description. Here's what I have:

1) 36 inch smooth cooktop (one bridgeable burner pair and one large/small adjustable burner).

2) 30 inch convection oven/microwave wall combo

3) 30 inch wall oven

4) Dishwasher (2011 model)

5) 27 cf fridge; French door/bottom freezer w/ outside ice & water

I plan on leaving everything installed so that prospective buyers can demo. Even if you don't feel inclined to put a dollar figure on this set, perhaps you could offer a percentage of new or replacement price ( please mention if you're talking retail or "street price"). Any opinions will be appreciated.

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
Some idea of your location might help----15 year old appliances are not to valuable in my eyes----but I never know what sells---

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Go on Craigslist and see what similar appliances are listed for. My guess, if you could get $800-$1,000 for everything, you will be doing well.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It really depends a bit on where you are, whether it all works, how pretty it is when you take a picture, what your competition is, and how long you are willing to hold it. Check your local craigslist. Someplace near a big city there may be a LOT of selling, but also bigger demand.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
Price it at 50% below new cost.
In the ad state " no checks, cash only"
There still going to show up and try to low ball you, figure out what your lowest price is before they show up.
Stick by your posted price and most will take it.
If they show up with just a car and not truck or trailer there tire kickers.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I would give you maybe 25 bucks for a 15 year old fridge. Problem is if the fridge doesn't work I have to pay 50 bucks to get rid of it (freon reclamation) Maybe a 100 bucks for the stove if it's in really good shape. Used dishwashers are worthless to me. New ones are enough of a problem I don't need the headaches of an old one. .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update To My Original Post

GE profile appliances:

1) 36 Profile Performance glass cooktop JP960B0A2BB: five burner with knobs, a bridgeable burner and an adjustable diameter burner.

2) 30 inch convection oven/microwave wall combo JTP95B0A2BB: pushbutton digital controls.

3) 30 inch wall oven JTP15B0A2BB: pushbutton digital controls.

4) Dishwasher (2011 model) PDWT300R10BB. Stainless tub with top-mount controls, very quiet.

5) It slipped my mind the fridge is not GE Profile (just replaced the Profile 8 months ago). It's a 28 cf Samsung French door/bottom freezer w/ outside ice & water. Model FR28HFETDBC. It was built in 2014.
The above quote from me is updated with model numbers and a correction. I am in Las Vegas, NV. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would give you maybe 25 bucks for a 15 year old fridge. Problem is if the fridge doesn't work I have to pay 50 bucks to get rid of it (freon reclamation) Maybe a 100 bucks for the stove if it's in really good shape. Used dishwashers are worthless to me. New ones are enough of a problem I don't need the headaches of an old one. .
It's a separate cooktop and two oven units plus a dishwasher and fridge, the latter two of which are much more recent. While I respect what you might pay for the fridge, I sold a 14 year old clean and problem free 26 cf double door Frigidaire for $200 on Craigslist a few months ago. Took a while since there were many in the same price range, but the buyers stated mine was by far the nicest of 7 they had viewed - they snatched it up. The trick is getting someone to look, but two hundred bucks is doable for a clean good running fridge around here. In the update to my OP (above), you'll notice the fridge is eight month-old Samsung, so it's going to be more than $200.

I know there's value in a complete kitchen set for someone that needs it, and this is matching quality stuff. We have quite a few distressed properties here in Las Vegas. If the houses are vacant for much time, the A/C units, pool equipment and appliances get legs. I'm hoping for somebody that is trying to put a place back together that was robbed. So I guess I'm looking for opinions on the value of a decent package to needs all these items, not piecemeal wholesale or scrap prices.

·
Registered
12,688 Posts
My local Habitat ReStore had a +/-8 year old Profile refridg for sale for $700. It took them a couple of months, but it finally did sell.

(My Hab store never cuts prices. They may throw in a few odds & ends kitchen accessories like a cheap counter-top microwave that they want to get rid of anyway to sweeten the deal a bit, but that's it.)

Never seen a whole suite of Profile appliances sold together.

·
Licensed P.E./Home Insp
757 Posts
15 year old kitchen equipment is, technically speaking (by any official standard, like HUD, the IRS, or Fannie Mae), beyond useful life. Anybody that pays 50% of sticker on 15 year old equipment needs to have their head examined. Anybody who successfully sells 15 year old equipment for 50% of sticker needs to go into the salesman's hall of fame on the first ballot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.