DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is CSD and this is my first post. I removed a wood floor that buckled on a moist cement slab. I used a scraper to remove glue from the slab and a bead blaster to prepare for a silicate penetrating sealer called Bone Dry. I have had the slab tested and the moisture apppears to be gone. I would like to lay porcelain tile directly on the non porous slab. Is there a product (thin set, adhesive, etc) you can recommend that would work well with these conditions. Thank you for your help!
CSD

·
Tileguy
6,050 Posts
Thinset manufacturers tell us all sealers and primers MUST be removed AND the concrete should be porous so thinset can bond.

I can't comment on the level of moisture since I have no info about that. If you had a hydrostatic moisture problem, I think you still do. If moisture tests show an allowable level, then fine in that regard. But the thinset has to bond.

I think the smart thing to do it to ask Bone Dry to certify your conditions and give their blessings with a written warranty. What we or anyone say mean nothing.

Jaz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts