DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Drywall and Painting Pro
977 Posts
If the consensus from you experts is to bring someone in to do the job, should it be a drywall contractor or a good handyman? I was just given Angies List as a gift and am hoping to find someone in the Bradenton area. I'd like to get it done now while we are experiencing a few cooler days with low humidity!!

Again, thank you so much for your much needed and appreciated advice.

Sincerely,

Cindy
Cindy, I would get a good drywall contractor that's preferably a painter too. Being able to do both trades makes these types of patio ceiling repairs that much better. :thumbsup:

If you have any questions about the bid or during the repair process, post them in this thread, pm me here or email me though my website--> http://peckdrywall.com/

Good luck, Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
pool deck ceiling drywall

The person referred to me by painter friend never showed at appointed time either. One person finally showed up who's ad was in the paper as well as on Angies List and said there was no need to even look at the condition of the drywall as he could see some water marks but not enough for him to feel that drywall might possibly be wet. Just to re-tape, mud (?) and paint spots (do the swiveling design thing) it would run around $1000.00. That price seems really high to me but then again I don't have another price with which to compare... Anyone referred to me who actually returns my call, is so backed up with work they cannot even put me on their schedule. I guess that says a lot for Bradenton. I did check my with local "real" paint stores and they had no one to suggest. Thought I would give one small area a try myself. All the bad areas are basically straight lines. It has not gotten worse in over a year times so maybe there is hope of it not being too difficult! I would relish any and all input prior to starting "test area."

21 - 22 of 22 Posts