DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Huhan (COVID-19) virus strikes again! I just got an e-mail from a friend saying Sam's Club is out of TP. People are buying paper towels and facial tissue as a substitute (as well as to use for normal sanitation/use).

Be prepared for DIY info requests on "how to unclog my toilet." Next, there will be a run on bidets at Home Depot...:sad:

I sincerely hope we find a way to contain this destructive disease and the related collateral damage.:sad:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Does Coronavirus make you wipe your butt more?

Reactions: JBoot and Bondo

·
" I Can Fix It "
354 Posts
Whatever happened to the Sears Roebuck catalogs ?? News paper is a little rough, and constructing a small outhouse would give the HOA's heart attacks. Not to mention always be careful what kind of leaves you choose. If it's on a shiny 3 leaf plant, probably not a great choice.........:vs_laugh:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't understand the run on TP.
The US is one of the only countries on earth that relies heavily on toilet paper. One reason is that we can afford it. Also, we have the waste disposal systems to deal with all that toilet paper and make sure it doesn’t clog up our sewer systems.

Years ago, I was inspecting a house and discovered a kitchen sink water sprayer attached to the toilet valve. The landlord explained to me that he had some people staying there from some other country.

It was actually pretty ingenious and perhaps the precursor to the one you can buy at HD et al today. Unfortunately, it did not have any way to prevent siphoning (negative pressure) which is a no no.

Also, in the US, when a storm or something similar is happening, you always see people running to the store for milk, bread, tp and windshield wiper fluid. What the little old lady, who doesn’t have a car, needs windshield wiper fluid for is anyone’s guess.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ Ghetto bidet?

Maybe the wiper fluid is because of its antifreeze property? Not sure what it'd be used for though.
I think the windshield wiper fluid might be one of the "impulse buying" things the stores have on the shelves near the check out. Perhaps they see others buying it and think they must need some too.

·
Licensed Engineer
383 Posts
I can't understand the run on toilet paper. Sam's and Costco can't keep their 50 roll bales in stock. A 50 roll bale is enough for one toilet for an entire year!

Are people wrapping themselves up in toilet paper like mummies to avoid the virus?

My wife said if we cannot find TP the next time we need to purchase some, she will go buy a pack of cheap washcloths at the Dollar Store. Rinse one of these in warm water, wipe your butt, rinse the cloth again, then place it in a lidded can for laundering. Just like we did for our kids back when they wore diapers.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
My son’s construction company is offering a free roll of toilet paper with every estimate.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is getting ridiculous, but even though this is serious, it helps to have a sense of humor to help us through these tough times!
Saw this ad:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,778 Posts
My wife has Amazon auto shipment set up on some products. TP is one of them. I checked our inventory and I'm in good shape!
However, I Checked Amazon website. I typed just the letter T in the search bar. First auto fill suggestion was --- Toilet Paper. Scrolling down the page and the Charmin is currently unavailable. Looks like the squeeze is on :)

Reactions: JBoot

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife has Amazon auto shipment set up on some products. TP is one of them. I checked our inventory and I'm in good shape!
However, I Checked Amazon website. I typed just the letter T in the search bar. First auto fill suggestion was --- Toilet Paper. Scrolling down the page and the Charmin is currently unavailable. Looks like the squeeze is on :)
I did the same thing this AM on Amazon...saw the not available sign.
I stopped by a little family store an hour ago, and they had fully stocked food shelves and lots of TP.

A restaurant owner told me someone was "taking" the TP from his rest rooms!

·
" I Can Fix It "
354 Posts
C'mon J, don't hate em, maybe the leaves where they live have all fallen and turned brown. They are kinda rough now, not to mention brittle ...........:vs_laugh::vs_smirk:

·
Premium Member
11,778 Posts
I did the same thing this AM on Amazon...saw the not available sign.
I stopped by a little family store an hour ago, and they had fully stocked food shelves and lots of TP.

LOL, I wonder they'll hit the porta-potty's....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts