DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a kitchen remodel and the layout I've drawn is the layout the plumber outlined in his bid. He said the standpipe/ laundry sink drain layout sizing/venting is acceptable by city. Looking for feedback. To the immediate right of the dishwasher is a door and to the immediate right of the basement stack is another door.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Have the plumber pull permits and inspections- then no worries :thumbsup:
I have no idea where you are located or what plumbing code is in your neck of the woods

Reactions: Vipersdeuce

·
Roofmaster
3,731 Posts
Why are you drawing it and not the licensed plumber???

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
City of Saint Louis...follows UPC 2003.
I use UPC '03- your plumber failed miserably
Cannot vertical wet vent 2 floors
more then 1 fixture on a trap
trap arm length too long
need CO at base of stack
etc, etc....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drew it as he explained it and after talking to some people and reading the code book I wanted to throw the plan out there to you all. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
It can be piped correctly with a few modifications to your drawing. I'll give your plumber the benefit of doubt that a few details were left out in his description

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would you bring the kitchen sink drain straight down, separately, and tie it below where the laundry sink ties into the stack?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Would you bring the kitchen sink drain straight down, separately, and tie it below where the laundry sink ties into the stack?
Yes- a 2". I would also figure a way to get the laundry sink off the washer stand pipe- you could discharge the washer directly into the sink

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do have the washer draining into the sink currently. That would count the sink and washer as one fixture? Drain the sinks toward the stack then, with the trap within acceptable distance of the stack?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I do have the washer draining into the sink currently. That would count the sink and washer as one fixture? Drain the sinks toward the stack then, with the trap within acceptable distance of the stack?
Yes, the trap and it's arm will be 1.5"- discharging to the 2" vert. drain. Off the top of the drain stack- vent with 1.5" - vent can tie into kitchen sink vent at 42" above the floor- continue with 1.5" combined vent through the roof or to another vent stack. 1.5" max trap arm per UPC is 3'-6"

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I can't read what you have at the top for venting but this is what I just discribed

Attachments

Reactions: Vipersdeuce

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm having clearance issues tying my laundry sink trap arm into the stack (using a wye coming off of the stack) given only 16" between the sink and floor. Can I tye into the stack using a San tee with a 90 street el off it going vertically to save some room? Can I bury my wye part way if the wye is the proper way to go? My stack will have a cleanout min 36" off the floor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts