DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going from a Goodman HPTD18-60 with a Honeywell RTH3100C1002

Can someone tell me where the wires go on this?? I tried the Honeywell 800# but that was no help at all :/

I have a heat pump and emergency heat...and it's gas....if that helps!

The pics are of the Goodman (no wires connected) and the Honeywell (has wires connected in pic)

The heat comes on with the current wiring but not the blower.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,336 Posts
Does the fan come on when you switch the stat to fan on.

·
Experienced HVAC Tech
357 Posts
do you have the little switch on the back of the new honeywell tstat set to Heat pump vs gas/conventional?

·
Administrator
40,336 Posts
do you have the little switch on the back of the new honeywell tstat set to Heat pump vs gas/conventional?
As far as I recall, the 3100 is a heat pump only thermostat as it has no W terminal. And should energize the G terminal when ever there is a all for heat or cooling.

OP, you need to see where the wires are connected at the equipment, may be connected to a dual fuel control if gas is your aux heat..

·
Experienced HVAC Tech
357 Posts
beenthere said:
As far as I recall, the 3100 is a heat pump only thermostat as it has no W terminal. And should energize the G terminal when ever there is a all for heat or cooling.

OP, you need to see where the wires are connected at the equipment, may be connected to a dual fuel control if gas is your aux heat..
Yes you are correct

1 - 5 of 5 Posts