DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This spring my flowers have not done well at all... looks like late blight!,A dusty covering on the leaves.... looks like little spores at times the stmes and leave astart dying off...... The problem is it looks like it has spread to my NEW DECK !!!! :eek:OMG!!! We have had a lot of rain this spring, But I got my new deck sealed withThompson's advanced water seal a week or so before it all started...the deck was built in December... then sealed in February...it now the surface vaires to and from black powdrery gray,dry,moldy,spores, at times! I am so upset:furious:! I think Thompson's should have protected better, but I need to know what to do to it now!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You might want to check around to some garden centers. We have one around that has a microscope that they can look at a sample of your flowers with. You might want to try Seven Dust--that stuff seems to kill everything. Do you get ample sunlight?? Also--the next time you seal your deck you might want to check with your local paint store for a better sealer. I have never used Thompson's because I have heard it does not last. Oh yeah, you may have sealed your deck to soon. You may have had water still in the wood.

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
From the other thread:
Which did you use?

http://www.thompsonswaterseal.com/di..._step_deck.cfm

Quote:

New decks should be treated without delay. It does not take long for exposed wood to be damaged. New pressure-treated lumber should be treated immediately with Thompson's® WaterSeal® Advanced Waterproofers, or 30 days after installation with other Thompson's® WaterSeal® Waterproofers.
New decks should be treated without delay. It does not take long for exposed wood to be damaged. New pressure-treated lumber should be treated immediately with Thompson's® WaterSeal® Advanced Waterproofers, or 30 days after installation with other Thompson's® WaterSeal® Waterproofers.
I bought pre-treated decking & 2 years later have yet to re-treat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts