DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed shower stall base not level inside (frame of base is level) AFTER remodelers were done with job. The ("plastic") shower base was set into wet concrete and a marble floor installed a few days later. Now when one takes a shower the water pools because the drain is pretty much the high point in the floor. You have to squeegee or move the water into the drain. My dilemma: is there ANY way to drill a hole on either side of (or anywhere on) the base and fill with concrete and let it dry and thereby raise/level the inside floor of the base??? Realllly don’t like standing in water when I shower… but will deal with it if it means tearing out everything. (NOT an option.) Thank you ahead of time for not making fun. LOL

·
Tileguy
10,705 Posts
You are stuck with it. There is only one way to fix that and you have already torpedoed that idea. How old is this shower floor? Shouldn't the installers be responsible for fixing the problem?

What brand of tile-base is it just out of curiosity.:)

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Noticed shower stall base not level inside (frame of base is level) AFTER remodelers were done with job. The ("plastic") shower base was set into wet concrete and a marble floor installed a few days later. Now when one takes a shower the water pools because the drain is pretty much the high point in the floor. You have to squeegee or move the water into the drain. My dilemma: is there ANY way to drill a hole on either side of (or anywhere on) the base and fill with concrete and let it dry and thereby raise/level the inside floor of the base??? Realllly don’t like standing in water when I shower… but will deal with it if it means tearing out everything. (NOT an option.) Thank you ahead of time for not making fun. LOL
Tear it out or live with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts