DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Learning by Doing
3,165 Posts
Looks like flat leave parsley that has bolted (started making a flower). Take a bite. Does it taste like parsley? Just kidding. Crush some of the leaves in your hand and see what it smells like.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried that, doesn't smell like parsley. I had a couple of smaller ones that looked the same that grew a little stickery ball looking thing. Not sure if this is the same thing as they are a lot bigger and have no sign of flower type things.

· Registered
32 Posts
It's only a weed if you don't want it. A weed is simply a plant in the wrong place. Very nice fescue grass is a weed when it is growing up through your gravel driveway! :laughing:

If you like it--keep it! If you don't like it--pull it up! There is a "weed" in my Kansas called ground ivy or "creeping Charlie." I didn't know what it was when I decided to cultivate it, but I've created a very nice bed of it by removing all other "weeds." It is a very well-tended, monocultured bed of "weeds" that blooms reliably every year and requires no fertilization or watering--just a little trimming to keep it in check.

Don't worry what the neighbors may think. Just because it's a volunteer doesn't mean it's a weed. Turns out some volunteer vines on my fence are beautiful morning glories!

· Learning by Doing
3,165 Posts
Hit it with a Weed Killer to see if it's a weed. LOL... That was My dad's advice to find out if a seedling in my front yard was from my neighbors Oleander tree. LOL..
Yeah, I watched my new neighbor spray round-up all over a lovely hedge of forsythia. I tried to stop her. She thought it was just weeds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.