DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This plant starting growing in my yard this year and I have no idea what it is or where it came from. Can someone tell me what it's called. I'd like to move it so knowing what it's called would help me find the right spot for it. If you can tell me more about it's needs some as sun or shade, how much water and type of soil I would appreciate that! Thanks.

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
You could try Google Image search. Enter some kind of description. Can you post a better shot, showing more of the plant, and area around it? Local horticulturist in Montreal could tell you if Google Image search fails. http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/1/Horticulturists+&+Horticultural+Consultants/Lachute+QC

I tried with the two pictures you posted, to use Google Image Search, but could not come up with anything, since they are too close up of shots.

·
K&B Designer
350 Posts
It's Wild Indian Strawberry or Mock Strawberry
(Duchesnea indica).

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
Often birds spread seeds or the wind. Some plants have underground runners making them pop up in unexpected places. I have a passion vine and find 6" sprouts several feet away but just mow them off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts