DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a remote controlled gas valve in my fireplace. I can get the pilot to light, but as soon as the burner is turned on (with remote or control box) the pilot goes out. I have tried everything to get it to work but cannot. It seems that the gas to the pilot is turned off when the burner is turned on. I tested this by turning the pilot higher and then once the burner gas was turned on, i attempted to relight the pilot but no gas was coming out.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I recently installed a remote controlled gas valve in my fireplace. I can get the pilot to light, but as soon as the burner is turned on (with remote or control box) the pilot goes out. I have tried everything to get it to work but cannot. It seems that the gas to the pilot is turned off when the burner is turned on. I tested this by turning the pilot higher and then once the burner gas was turned on, i attempted to relight the pilot but no gas was coming out.
Check to be sure the control knob is set to the right position. Read the instructions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts